Breville Barista Express Espresso coffee Machine, Large
|Color||Stainless Steel & Black Sesame|
About this item
- Dose control grinding: Integrated conical burr grinder grinds on demand to deliver the right amount of freshly ground coffee directly into the portafilter for your preferred taste with any roast of the bean
- Precise espresso extraction: Digital temperature control (PID) delivers water at precisely the right temperature, ensuring optimal Espresso extraction
- Micro foam milk Texturing: The steam wand performance allows you to hand texture micro foam milk that enhances flavor and enables creation of latte art
- Grind size dial: Simple and intuitive, giving you control over the grind size no matter what type of bean you’re grinding
- Hands free operation: Innovative grinding cradle allows any at home Barista to grind directly into the espresso port filter
- Bean Hopper Capacity: 1/2 lb.; Water Tank Capacity: 67 oz.
- Settings: Single or double shots; Adjustable grind amount & manual overrides;
Kitchen appliances designed to inspire people to produce perfect food and beverage results in their own homes with ease. From espresso machines to food processors, the innovation in each appliance delights. Breville makes the process a pleasure and the end result perfect, every time.
the Barista Express Espresso Machine by Breville
Everything you need for barista quality coffee, in a compact footprint.
Create great tasting espresso – from bean to cup – in less than a minute. The Barista Express allows you to grind the beans right before extraction, and its interchangeable filters and a choice of automatic or manual operation ensure authentic café style results in no time at all.
The 4 key elements of café quality coffee:
- Dose Amount
- Precise Water Temperature
- Optimal Water Pressure
- Sufficient Steam Pressure
The 4 Key Elements of True Café Quality Coffee
1. Dose – 19-22 g dose for full flavor.
Have you ever wondered why your home-made coffee never seems to taste as great as a café bought one? That’s because most other automatic machines only dose 11-13 g of ground coffee, below what’s needed to create that rich, full-bodied taste you get out of bed for.
2. Temperature – Precise PID temperature control.
The difference between an ashy or balanced tasting espresso can be as little as 1°C. The Barista Express uses digital temperature control (PID) technology which detects and minimizes any fluctuation during extraction, ensuring the temperature is kept at its optimum range, every time.
3. Pressure – Low pressure pre-infusion and 9 bar extraction pressure.
Creating a golden honey crema in your coffee relies on the right pressure at the right time. The Barista Express uses low pressure, pre-infusion to evenly soak and expand the ground coffee, delivering a sweet and creamy extraction.
4. Steam – Automatically steaming milk to a silky micro-foam texture.
To get that velvety texture in your milk you need the right steam pressure to draw in the air and create thousands of tiny bubbles. That’s why we created the automatic steam wand for the Barista Express, that turns your milk into a silky smooth micro-foam, essential for latte art.
Special Features of the Barista Express
Thermocoil Heating System
Our Barista Express espresso machine uses a thermocoil heating system that is essentially a cast aluminium block, around a stainless steel tube. This gives you a quick heat up time and also a really clean taste.
In-Built Conical Grinder
The in-built conical burr grinder allows you to grind only what you need directly into the portafilter. It’s fully adjustable in grind size and dose, so you can tweak to taste.
Micro-Foam Milk Texturing
The steam wand performance allows you to hand texture micro-foam milk that enhances flavour and enables creation of latte art.
Pre-set single or double shot settings can be programmed to customize your shot volume. Low Pressure pre-infusion gradually increases pressure at the start for a more even extraction.
Fresh is Best
In the world of coffee, freshness can be measured in seconds. By the time even five minutes has passed, ground beans have started to lose their flavor. Grinding beans every time you want fresh espresso takes time, though, and oftentimes it becomes a tradeoff between taste and convenience. The Breville Barista Express solves this problem, delivering fresh, quality espresso at remarkable Speed, thanks to its integrated burr grinder. Go from beans to espresso in under a minute—all in the comfort of your own Home.
Café quality espresso in your Home
Espresso making is notorious for being both an art and a science, requiring you to carefully adjust each of the inputs (grind size, grind amount, etc.). But even Complete beginners and aspiring baristas can pull a perfect shot from the Breville Barista Express. For beginners, it comes with two dual-wall, pressurized filters that regulate pressure and help optimize the extraction. For more experienced baristas, the Barista Express includes two single-wall, non-pressurized filters that give you more room to experiment with different grind sizes, grind amounts, and tamping pressure. As either a crash-course or a continuation study, the Barista Express gives you free rein to explore the art of espresso.
In addition to its integrated burr grinder, the Breville Barista Express has an Italian-manufactured 15 bar pump and thermocoil heating system that ensures accurate regulation of water temperature for a full-flavored espresso. A pre-brew function and flat shower head make sure that the water is optimally distributed through the coffee puck. The Barista Express also has several helpful features, such as a cup warmer on the top of the machine and a feature that removes excess water from the filter basket after coffee extraction, so the used grounds form a dry puck for quicker cleanup. Lastly, it has a stainless steel 360 degree swivel-action steam wand for lattes and cappuccinos.
For beginners and aspiring baristas alike, the Barista Express makes good espresso accessible and easy to make.
Designed with the consumer in mind
The Breville Barista Express is built from high-quality materials so the resulting machine is as sturdy as possible. No-slip feet keep the machine from sliding across the counter when the burr grinder is activated. The Barista Express is housed in a sleek stainless steel casing, making it an attractive and timeless addition to any kitchen. The entire unit is easy to clean and comes with a hideaway storage compartment for the included cleaning tools, in addition to an easily removable drip tray.
- Integrated conical burr grinder and half-pound bean hopper: stainless steel conical burrs optimize extraction of flavor from the bean by maximizing the surface area of the grinds. Use freshly ground beans for every shot for more full espresso flavor. Hopper has locking system for easy removal, storage and transfer of coffee beans.
- Grind size and grind amount selector dials: choose among grind settings from fine to coarse and adjust the amount of freshly ground espresso dosed into the filter basket.
- Filter size button: indicate whether you are using a single- or double-wall filter basket and the grinder will dispense the required amount of ground coffee for the appropriate filter type.
- 54mm tamper: for expert tamping control. With magnetized storage, but removable for easy tamping.
- Hands-free grinding cradle: push portafilter into cradle and freshly ground espresso will be dispensed directly into the filter. Grinder automatically stops when the indicated amount has been dispensed.
- 54mm stainless steel portafilter: with commercial style spouts.
- 67 fl. oz. removable water tank: top-fill tank with replaceable water filter to reduce impurities and scale.
- Volumetric control: preset 1 and 2 cup volumes, manual over-ride, or reprogrammable shot volumes.
- Espresso pressure gauge: monitors espresso extraction pressure.
- Thermocoil heating system: integrated stainless steel water coil accurately controls water temperature.
- Clean me light: indicates when a cleaning cycle is required. Cleaning kit included.
- 360-degree swivel action steam wand: for effortless milk texturing.
- Auto purge function: automatically adjusts water temperature after steam for optimal espresso extraction temperature.
- Removable drip tray: partitioned for both wet and dry spills, with ‘Empty me!’ indicator for when it’s full.
Video for this product:
|Product Dimensions||12.5 x 12.6 x 13.1 inches|
|Item Weight||23 pounds|
|Item model number||BES870XL|
4.7 out of 5 stars
|Is Discontinued By Manufacturer||No|
|Date First Available||February 16, 2010|